September 10, 2012

Friends/1st Quilling Project!

Happy Monday!!!

Thank you for dropping by today!

I am so excited I received a Quilling tool all the way from England from my bloggy friend Wendy over at " Spanish Crafter"!  I have had an interest in Quilling for quite some time but could never find a quilling tool and Wendy was ever so generous to pick one up for me in London while visiting her new granddaughter..(a real cutie!!!)

I have never even read anything about quilling and to be honest it looked complicated so I prepared myself by doing the self talk... I wanted to dedicate time to learning this awesome skill so off I went to my favorite place "Youtube" and found a tutorial on the basics!

To my surprise quilling is not as hard as it looks!!!! Yes I have much to learn especially getting the right size and learning different shapes but Gosh it is so much fun you don't think of that stuff straight away, lol... well, I didn't ...


 Here is my card and I will be entering it into  " 3 Girl JAM Challenge: Ribbon Flowers"

My ribbon flower is quite small so I hope this counts.

But take a look at my first quilling project!!!!




New Typewriter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the awesome deal I got at a yard sale on Saturday!

I couldn't believe my eyes...  it was only used a couple of times, I had to ask if there was a mistake, I love bargins and this one felt as if I won the lottery for I have been wanting one for about 5 years! The universe is giving me everything I want!  (okay, not everything)





Have a fantastic Monday!!!!

11 comments:

Wendy L said...

Absolutely gorgeous Naomi. Your shapes are so neat. Perfect 10/10 xxxxxxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Your card is beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeeee the quilled flower!!!!! Just gorgeous!!! And what a find that typewriter is!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Toni said...

Lovely work Naomi!!!

Lisa said...

Wow, Naomi, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I can't believe this is your first time quilling!! That flower is stunning!! What a beautiful, elegant card!! I love, love it!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cheri said...

This is gorgeous. I've never tried quilling either. Beautiful work. Thanks so much for entering this in the 3 Girl Jam Ribbon Flower Challenge. Your little ribbon flower is the perfect center.

Cheri
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Creative M said...

WOW!!!This is FABULOUS!!!!TFS

yyam said...

I think you did awesome for your first quilling project. Mine was rather pathetic! lol. Classy and elegant.

Great score on the typewriter!

3 Girl JAM said...

This is beautiful Naomi! The quilling is perfect (it is easy and very addictive!). Your little ribbon flower is perfect too! Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM.

Julie
http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Jovan said...

Beautiful...thanks so much for joining 3 Girl JAM!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Gorgeous flower! Love the great design! Score!! What a great deal on your typewriter!! I scored a Brand New sewing machine for $3.00 best score of my life! Thanks for joining us at 3 Girl Jam!
DT Member Carri ~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Beautiful card!! I love the look of quilling, maybe one day I will attempt it!! I am not sure you got got my message but I can't find you email address and would like to know more about your son being dignosed with Autism, I look after a little girl (she is 2) and I am sure she has some form of it but the parents don't see it. Any info would help. Could you please email me at
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

thanks
Kristan