April 14, 2013

X-pression scrapbooking layout "Fussy Cut"

Happy Sunday!!!!
 


Today I am showing you a layout I made for a challenge over at "Do More With Less"  "Fussy cutting your photos and journalling with Lizzy Hill!"
Most of you know I rarely do scrapbooking layouts but I was truly inspired by Lizzy, it is really worth your time to look at some of her amazing layouts!!
Click HERE to read more and participate!!!



I did a layout of my oldest son Ryan, he is a total riot. He is one of my favorite people to be around and I am so excited he will be home from University next week!!!!!  Ryan made it a challenge at times to take a serious picutre as you can see in this layout, lol
 
OK so this is his school photo, to start he doesn't wear glasses..LOL, they were borrowed from a friend... I laughed thinking the camera man thought this acceptable, hahahahaha.. I could only imagine the time he had with Ryan and his friends, they all did something similar.
 
 
Another put on, hehe! He is pretending to be frustrated with his game, I really think he could have went into acting.  You have to enlarge the picture to really see this expression.
 

I used Tim Holtz grunge letters for the title and the embellishments are from my stash
 


The blue string is from a place mat I got from Bi-Rite a few years ago, it started to unravel and it makes THE perfect string to tie... it doesn't slip or try to get away on you... as you can see I used it all over this layout..I will be using it much more , reminds me of a bigger version of scrapper's floss with a crimp to it.
 
 
 
Have a fantastic day!!!






14 comments:

yyam said...

Oh my! This is such a delightful page! Ryan is such a riot.....love his facial expressions! Love the fun little bits you have added too. You should scrap a lot more Naomi...you are such a natural!

Thank you so much for playing along with my guest Lizzy's challenge!

Karon said...

Fabulous LO Naomi - very fun. Enjoy having him home :-)

jessica said...

What a GREAT LO Naomi! You can tell from these pictures how funny he is! Thanks for sharing an awesome project and hope you have a GREAT Sunday!

Crafting Vicky said...

That's a fabulous layout!!! Wow he does look like a little actor ;) Have a great time with him next week!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING those fun photos, the colors and loving that title work!!

Lisa said...

This is so fun!! What an awesome layout!! The pictures are adorable...he's so cute!! I love all of the design elements!! Happy Sunday my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Migdalia said...

A wonderful LO my friend!!!
Adorable pictures!!
Sending bloggie love to you, Michael & Troy,
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Sandie said...

Love this!! I love Lizzy's layouts and always enjoy popping in for some of her inspiration - as I do here too. I adore your LO, the fun aspect of it, and the gorgeous photographs you enclosed. The string, buttons, banner pieces, all look so cool as do the cut-out photo's. Hope you have a wonderful week Naomi cousin.... hehehe

Anonymous said...

Terrific layout, Naomi. Enjoy your visit with your son.

Lizzy Hill said...

OMGOSH this is lol funny & *blush* so glad I inspired you....you've done a totally OTT AWESOME job...love those linear lines, too....thanks for joining in:):):)!!!!!

Unknown said...

Picture does not do it justice. So much more noticable detail up close and in person. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me.

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome layout Naomi! He seems like he has a GREAT sense of humor! ALWAYS fun to have a family member that keeps ya laughin' all the time. My youngest is like that:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love your layout. Ryan looks like a joy to be around. It looks like he keeps you rofl. Hugs Sweetie~Patti

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

He most definitely is an original. Great job with the layout.

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...