April 12, 2013

Popsical stick background! + Winners!!!

Happy Friday!!!
 
I am completely rested, slept a full 8 hours and a beautiful evening with my friend Kelly decorating for Terrifically Talented Theresa's Surprise Birthday Party Sunday...I can't wait to show you what we have come up with!!! , eeeek!!!! 
 
Update on Michael:
Michael has a chest infection which is why it is taking him longer to heal, he deals with it all so well...but boys he is sick!
 
 
Today I am so excited to show you the gift I made for Troy for his birthday!  (which was on the 7th)He doesn't have much on his wall in his office at work so I thought this would make a spot come to life  and he would have a quote to go by everyday!
He loved it!!!!
 
I made the popsical background by inking around each popsical stick with black distress ink, I lined them up perfectly and with my wooden block word stamp... (wasn't easy, I was ready to go to the garage and borrow clamps, ) Next I stamped the weeds on using stazon black ink.. then stamped my bamboo stamp with black distress ink..only this time I stamped on paper first to give it a muted look. I made the acetate background using Spectrum Noir Pens and alcohol blending solution. The sentiment on the actetate reads " Never regret anything that made you laugh" hehe!
 

The H-Birthday Tag came from a new pair of  Michael's Jeans
 

This locket was silver, I used bronze UTTE to change it!
 


 
I heat embossed the actetate paper to make it bubble and attached it using a black eyelet!
 
 

The winner of yesterday's little adventure is !!!!!!
 
 Flaming Junebug said...
Thanks for doing this!!! I can't decide between two: Feathers and Nymph (the hair reminds me of my daughter).

 
AND!!!
 
You made a beautiful card you evil person you! LOL I went over there & I love the corset tie one. BTW, I see that you have now reached 300 followers too! So happy for you! Keep going My Friend! Big Hugs~Patti
 
How to get collect your winnings!
 
To receive your digitals go HERE to my store and pick your favorite 3 and I email me !!
jerri255 at eastlink dot net
at = @
dot =.
Remove spaces, it is best to type this out in notepad the right way and copy and paste into your email!!

 
AND!!!!
 
Your card was amazing and I have just had a look and I absolutely love the one that says, "Quilts are like friends". lol :-) Jen x
 

 

Have a fantastic day!!!!



14 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Naomi the stamping on the Popsicle sticks is pure genius love it so much even though I am not good at stamping myself!!
Have pinned it here:
Awesome Card Ideas

ike said...

OMGoodness - totally and utterly STUNNING !!! This just soooo rocks :-) I love the use of the popsicle sticks !! My goodness woman - you are such an inspiration .... I'm off now to eat a million lollies :-D
Hugz
IKE xx

ooops - hope Michael soon gets better :-(

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

That's a really creative project. Just love it!!!! I can imagine that it's not easy to make sure that the popsicle sticks don't shift...

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

oh and forgot to say hope that Michael gets better now!!!!!

Wendy L said...

Your creation for Troy is AMAZING.
Hugs to Michael too. xxx

Karon said...

WOW Naomi - this is so fabulous. Love this idea it is sooo cool!! TFS and have a great weekend.

Lisa said...

I am so glad you got some rest, Naomi!! I'm praying that Michael recovers quickly and feels much better.

Wow, your wall hanging is stunning!! I love the look of stamping on popsicle sticks!! I have to try that!! The design and elements you used are fabulous my friend!! I bet it looks amazing on Troy's wall!! Have a great weekend :)

Hugs, Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Congrats to all the winners and what a cool idea for Troy's bday gift. It turned out awesome and I'm sure he'll appreciate all the work you put into it.

Hugs,
Lisa

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS to the winners!! And glad Michael's doing better! I loveeeeeeeeeee his gift! OMYGOSH!! LOVING what you did with those Popsicle sticks! WOW!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

LOVE this!! Your stamping on the Popsicle sticks, genius!! Great details! Hope M is feeling better soon! Carri~Abusybee

Stephanie said...

I've never seen popsicle sticks used like that before. Great stamping. Love the charm too. Glad Michael is getting better.

Sherrie K. said...

Fabulous project Naomi! Wow, I love all the fantastic elements! This really rocks!
Sherrie K

jessica said...

WOW!!! Naomi I LOVE your project!! Popsicle sticks....OMG AWESOME!!!
Thanks for sharing....hope Micheal is doing better and enjoy the weekend!!

AmyJRockstar said...

Such a brilliant idea my sweet friend! Gorgeous! So unique. I'm amazed!
Lots of love,
Amy Jo
Amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
Xoxoxo - miss u tons!