June 9, 2011

Scrapbooking Father's Day Card

Father's Day Card

When it comes to making masculine cards my brain seems to work overtime. No ribbons, no flowers, no bright colors and no going crazy, OH MY GOSH!!!! Amazingly I did manage to design a card for my father who thankfully doesn't read this blog.

I thought with Father's Day sneaking upon us it would be nice to give a little inspiration to those of you who want to make a card for that special Father or Step Father in your life.
 Father's are amazing, they are always there for you , always sharing wisdom and comfort when the world is trying to shake the ground you walk on.
My Father (Step Father) is one of those kind of Dads. He is very supportive and always says the right thing. It is so nice to know that if disaster struck my Father would gladly open his arms to me... I love him dearly and my respect for him is off the charts for taking on a family of 5 and being a super amazing listener, what I love is that he understands me, what an amazing man.

To celebrate his kindness and everlasting love I made him this card... all the mushy stuff is inside, hehe, gotta have some privacy right? My Father lives in Newfoundland and there are plenty of moose and caribou there so I thought it would be appropriate to incorporate that into my design especially seeing that eating moose in NFLD is like eating beef here in PEI.


The "F" for Father's is actually a wooden letter that is covered in Flock to add softness to the "Sooooo manly Card"



I would love to hear your comments anytime so don't be shy!

Also be sure to check out my Fan page called Showers of Cards and Flowers!
  • Until next time
http://www.hypersmash.com/dreamhost/

    8 comments:

    AmyJRockstar said...

    Hi there,
    You left me such a sweet comment on the FCCB blog and I just wanted to say thank you. I will be in touch to chat more very soon, but I wanted to say you should enter this card into our Challenge Me Monday challenge. I think there's still time to enter so go for it! It's our theme of the week. :0)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/
    http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/

    Going to become a follower now. :0)

    My Lil' Bits said...

    This is a great Fathers Day card! Love how you mixed up the fonts! Thanks for sharing with us this week at FCCB! Lisa C

    Sarah said...

    Great card. I'm sure your dad is going to love it! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week.

    Sarah

    AmyJRockstar said...

    Yay! So happy to see you entered! Thanks for joining us this week. :0)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (FCCB DT)

    Unknown said...

    Thank you Amy for inviting me, this would count as my first ever challenge!!! I was looking at the other cards entered and the talent blows my mind and of course it also inpires me!
    Thank you all for your kind comments.

    Jennie Garcia said...

    Masculine cards are hard for me too. But yours turned out awesome!! Love the colors!!
    Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    Helen said...

    Great card! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

    Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

    I know what you mean...guy cards are just a challenge. But, you did an awesome job on this one! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at FCCB!

    FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

    Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

    You may also like...