Tutorial/Birthday Card/ Very exciting news!!!!!!!!
First of all I want to thank all of my followers, I am one away from the 200 mark and I plan on celebrating! I will let you know the details Friday. Hint , there will be a GIVE-AWAY!
If you are new here, Welcome! Leave a comment and I will be sure to buzz my way over to see you and leave some bloggy love.
Before I get to my project I have very exciting news!!!
I made the Design Team over at Pin And Tack Handcrafted Delights!! This will be my first design team ever and I am so grateful and ready, I can't wait to start my journey with these very talented ladies. Thank you Corrine!
To let you know a little more about it I have copy and pasted this excerpt written by Corrine: (lets just say that Corrine is the glue that holds the creativity together)
It's time to be inspired and spark your creativity! Every month, you are invited to join Pin & Tack's Spark Your Creativity Now! challenge. Challenges start on the 1st of the month and end on the last day of the month. Anything Goes is the theme and you can share ANY craft!
To be eligible for prizes and top picks, please follow these easy rules:
- Your project must be new and never published before the start of the challenge. No back links.
- Link your project in the linky list directly to the post that shows your creation. Do not link to your general blog address as these entries will be deleted.
Include "Spark Your Creativity Now" and a link back to this blog (http://pinandtack.blogspot.com) in your project post.
- You may enter as many times as you want and you can combine with as many other challenges as you'd like.
- And most importantly, be creative and have fun!
MY PROJECT FOR TODAY
Today I have a Birthday card I want to show you, there is no dimension on this card for it will be sent by the mail man and will cost less.
- I used Gold Mirror card
- Flowers from my stash
- Paper Doily
- Mini flower and butterfly punch
- Friskars stamp (Happy happy Birthday)
- Presents from the cricut cartridge Birthday Bash
I bought these stamps for only $3.25 ea. , they are so pretty!
They are all attached in one strip that feeds through the New Friskars doo dad machine as shown in the next picture.
I didn't want to buy a stamp feeder for I am already struggling with room in my craft quarters so I cut each stamp out individually. The result was..., well you be the judge!
In the next photo I made a very unique background for the inside of the card...
- Take a piece of cardstock the size you want and crumple it a few times to have as many wrinkles as you want.
- Use an ink blender to apply ink, (I used weathered wood by Tim Holtz on cream card.)
*You want the ink to be applied only to the raised areas so make sure you don't press to hard.*
- Apply medium the same way
- Add embossing powder, heat and let cool
Here is the effect you will achieve:
I also made an origami envelope , put white cardstock on it so the recipient can have a place to write the address. I have yet to apply another one in the top left corner for the return address, it will be layered a little over the other one which will look really nice!
Hope my post wasn't too heavy for you,
Have a super fantastic day!