February 17, 2014

XOXO / Written Card Tutorial

 Hello and welcome to my blog, thanks for dropping by! 
Today I am showing  a card  I made for my sister on Valentine's Day, the nontraditional colors makes this card suitable for lots of occasions don't you think?


I was excited to play with  "liquid embossing" which only cost $2.00 at the Bi-rite, you get three in a pack, now that is a deal! I cover the "Heart Bouquet" digital image (created by moi) with "Liquid Embossing" and fell in love with it, it looks like those puffy stickers we had when we were kids, I was a serious collector and always had so much fun trading with friends.









I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge: "Anything Goes" , optional - use a heart




Products Used:

 Card Stock: White , light blue, dark blue
Spellbinders: Scallop Circles
Image: CBDS, colored "Hearts Bouquet" found HERE
Confetti: XOXO
Distress Inks: Faded Jeans , Antiquities - Verdigris
Liquid Embossing: Clear Glass Finish
Stickles: Silver
Embossing Folder: Heart Blocks
 Circle Punch: 1"


How To Make This Card :
  • Use light blue card stock for the base (card) ,   Cut 8 1/2 " by 11" (standard size)  @ 4 1/4" , fold
  • Cut a piece of white card stock @ 4 1/16" by 5 2/16" , emboss and attach to card
  • Cut 3 Scallop Circles (Spellbinders), 2 of the largest and the smallest.
Largest Scallop circle - Dark blue
2nd largest- White with Image
Smallest - Dark Blue

Ink lg. scallop circle with faded jeans distress ink 
Ink 2nd lg. scallop circle with Antiquities Verdigris
Ink sm. scallop circle with faded jeans
(Punch 1" circle with circle punch to layer on top of smallest scallop circle.
Layer and adhere scallop circle with image over largest scallop circle.
  • Make double ribbon bow and use tape to adhere ends to back of inner card, cover inner card with white cardstock for a neat appearance.
  • Add Embossing Liquid evenly over image and set to dry for approx 1/2 hr.
  • Add silver Stickles around the edges of dark blue scallop circles
  • Add confetti -XOXO confetti to 1 " circle punch cutout 
There you have it, I hope you have fun creating and have a super day!!



10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee those hearts!!!!!!!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Naomi so good to have you posting.Love the shine on your hearts!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

KT Fit Kitty said...

So cute - I love the added dimension on your hearts. And I must say I do LOVE your Heart Bouquet digi!

jessica said...

What a beautiful card Naomi! LOVE those hearts!!!!
Super PRETTY!!!!

Monica taylor said...

Love your creation. Glad to see you up and about in blogland again. Monica

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Naomi!! The shiny hearts look amazing!! What a beautiful design!! So pretty!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karen said...

Naomi, this is gorgeous! I love the effect... it's so 3-D. And what's better than puffy heart love?! Beautiful card, my friend! And certainly versatile, as you mentioned. :o) I'm sure your sister loves this to bits!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Edwina said...

Naomi, Your card for your sister is so pretty. I love the digi you used. I like you used non traditional colors. I do that at Christmas a lot. Wish I had thought to do it for Valentine's Day. Looks really great!. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Jennifer said...

I just love your card Naomi and your hearts are gorgeous. Lovely digi. Hugs, Jen xxx
Krafty Keepsakes

Karon said...

Beautiful card, Naomi. Love your image! Gorgeous!

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...