January 5, 2013

Black and White + 1 # 79

Hello!!

I hope you are all having a fantastic Saturday, it is that time again to challenge you over at HIMCR!
This weeks challenge is to make a project that is black and White with an additional color of your choice. 
We can't wait to see what you will make, just link up after you take a look at what the design team has put together to inspire you, it will be at the end of the post.


For my project I made a black, white and weathered blue card.
Nothing is considered strange as to what you can use when it comes to scrapbooking or card making, right???  Maybe I am on the boarder line if there is one with having used
Styrofoam Sill Gasket, hahahahaha
It works great! Here is what it looks like along with my beautiful new stamp I got from Michael's store while in Halifax with Michael.



Here is the effect it has, I love it!!!


Next I made round paper distress flowers from my Candy Doodles CD and finished it with a slightly blue pearl.



And finally I added a butterfly I stamped and cut out and sparkled it up using silver embossing powder.


Have a fabulous weekend and thank you for joining us at HIMCR!!!!!

19 comments:

Karon said...

This card is stunning Naomi - love it! have a fabulous weekend. Hugs, Karon.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love the background you created and that flower!!!

katieo said...

Happy New Year Naomi. Thank you for your kind comments. I am finally caught up on sleep and have my first weekend off since Thanksgiving. Your black white and blue card is gorgeous. I love all of the dimension and the touch of blue.

Audrey Hiltke said...

Wow - Naomi your card is AMAZING! And thank you for showing all the details. You are an inspiration!
Hugs,
Audrey
ps - I'm your 274th follower!

Migdalia said...

This is GORGEOUS!GORGEOUS!GORGEOUS!sorry I am little excited this morning...:-)
LOVE!LOVE!LOVE!
Sending my love & Hugs to you,Michael,& Troy,
Migdalia

Lisa said...

Wow, Naomi, this is absolutely gorgeous!! The technique you used is amazing!! What a stunning card!! The wheat stamp is amazing!! And the flower is fabulous!! Can you tell I love it??!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

You keep upping yourself Naomi. Almost every week I come over and say, "oh now this one is my favourite card". Well it is no exception today, when I was over at HIMCR checking for last week's winners I saw this and couldn't wait till my weekly trip over here. I had to come NOW and tell you just how stunning I think this card turned out. At this point it is going on the list for when we finally get you in the showcase.

Hugs,
Lisa


ps.What the heck is a 'Styrofoam Sill Gasket'?

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Gorgeous! Love the flower and the great design on this! Carri~Abusybee

Karen said...

Oh Naomi, this is positively gorgeous! What an incredible result with your technique.. it is breathtaking. So many elements to look at and enjoy, and you used one of my favorite sentiment stamps! :o) Stunning creation, my talented friend! I pray you're having a beautiful weekend, enveloped in God's most perfect love. :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Staci said...

What a cool technique! TFS!

Mary Ann said...

Awesome!Love your card,I am a follower,scrappinggg.blogspot.com/

Em Louise Fairley said...

LOVE it! Hugs xoxox

yyam said...

Oh wow. Looks super classy!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

Missy said...

This is fabulous the flower you made is perfect!!!

Wendy L said...

You made it look beautiful. xxxx

Kathy E said...

I agree -- gorgeous card! And I also agree -- what is styrofoam sill gasket? Last question: did you put your wheat in a card frame? Or is it mounted cleverly on top, with the shading making it seem as though it is behind the card front?

Unknown said...

hahahaha, I am a bad one to tell you what it is Kathy but it is something to do with when laying the foundation to keep moisture out. The card is done by inking around the edges to give it the look of a frame...thanks!

Sandie said...

The flower is gorgeous, so is the whole card. Naomi, I adore scene images, and so admire this one.

FOLD OVER BOX - Video Tutorial and Written Instructions

Hello! Today I am sharing with you how to make a "Fold Over Box",  a tutorial by Liz Walker Combine gift and card in o...

You may also like...